Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mom!!!! I am so Lonely

It was one of the best mornings today after
heavy rain and thunder showers in the night
which made the morning slightly filled with
cold breeze. I was feeling a bit relaxed after
the whole night work as I stepped out of my
Office. The cab was on time and in not more
than ten minutes I was at the doorstep of my
sweet home. There was nothing but just one
thought in my mind,” its a good time to take a nap”. With this thought I entered my room and
in next two minutes I was snoring heavily. It was around ten'o clock when my friend
Pawan called me up and asked me to come to
his place as soon as possible. His voice was
trembling as if he has been crying for a long
time. Without wasting a single minute, I ran
towards his home. He lives nearby. When I
reached his place, there was a bunch of people
standing outside the gate and there was loud
voices coming out from the house.i rushed
towards the gate and saw.......she was lying
there on the ground .quite, no sign of
movement.” My mom is dead." cried Pawan
was still in a shock! What had
happened???When I realized the situation, I
found tears rolling down my cheeks. I
recovered myself and tried to console my friend.

It was like a disaster for my
friend. Nobody in his family seems to be
affected by the incident. The one which was
deeply affected was my friend's sister,Nidhi
as she was very close to her mother. She was
continuously crying like a small baby. The one
who gave birth to her, who taught her to speak
and to walk is lying in front of her
helpless,motionless,unable to speak and
walk. After sometime everybody was ready to
take the dead body to the crematorium where
the dead bodies are burnt as according to the
Hindu religion. Nidhi was shouting and
yelling,” where are you taking my mother?” but
Nobody heard her cries and the dead body of
her mother was now in the crematorium and
all the relatives and friends were now in rush
to get back to their homes as soon as possible.
They all were getting bore standing and
watching a dead body burning. After few
moments the priest or the pundit asked
Pawan’s mother to do the "kapaal kriya" in
which he has to break the skull of the dead
body by a bamboo stick. I just thought if the
soul of pawan's mother is watching all
this, what must be she thinking?? "I served him
food and helped him at every point of time
throughout my whole life and this is what I
am getting in return.” but that is a ritual. Uptil
evening everything is done and everybody is
back home. I found Nidhi still at the same
place where we left her. She was sitting on the
bare ground, her face swollen, eyes red due to
crying. She has lost everything, a mother, a
friend, a sister.....now nobody is there in the
home with whom she can share something
personal or anybody who can teach her or help
her during work. There is no female left except
her in her home. She is all alone, silent and
missing her mother.......


No comments: